[TYPO3-core] FINAL REMINDER

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 22 11:39:04 CET 2006

>> Please be more responsible for the changes you make to TYPO3. It
>> is no big
>> problem if you introduce a last-minute change before RC1 and it
>> turns out
>> that it is buggy. But it is not acceptable that these problems remain
>> unanswered for more than 4 days (actually everybody is waiting for
>> 4.0
>> final).
>
> I would first find what happened to Rene and only then write such
> things.

Of course we will accept if Rene has a great excuse but we already
know one: Cebit. But after Cebit we requested documentation and bug
fixes which went unanswered. Rene still have a chance to offer an
excuse for not being responsive to this of course. But AFAIK this has
not been offered at the time being (could be birth of child).

The reason why it is not completely unfair is two things:
- Rene has done this before in history although none of you might
have first-hand experience.
- But the general point is not to bash Rene; it is that _anyone_ who
makes changes to the core that turns out to be buggy is responsible
to fix those bugs swiftly and the closer we come to the deadline the
more critical this becomes. In an RC-period I think we can expect
that every core developer watches the list and bugtracker for remarks
regarding his contributions! As a minimum we can expect a simple mail
like "Sorry, I'm extraordinarily unavailable for this week".

> Dmitry.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"