[TYPO3-core] FINAL REMINDER

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Mar 22 09:37:45 CET 2006

Hello,

>Hi!
>
>Michael Stucki wrote:
>

>>A word about responsibility:
>>After all Kasper and I spent a lot of time to dig into these changes, trying
>>to fix, and finally to revert them. This time could have been invested much
>>better, and honestly, it was no fun.
>>
>>While from a technical point of view it's interesting to see that reverting
>>such huge changes is possible after all, I would really like to spend my
>>spare time on more important things.
>>
>>Please be more responsible for the changes you make to TYPO3. It is no big
>>problem if you introduce a last-minute change before RC1 and it turns out
>>that it is buggy. But it is not acceptable that these problems remain
>>unanswered for more than 4 days (actually everybody is waiting for 4.0
>>final).
>>

>I would first find what happened to Rene and only then write such things.
>
>By the way, should be have a closed (!) list (not mailing list but just
>a list) of phone numbers for each core developer? For use in emergency
>cases like this. What do you think? I do not mind putting my mobile and
>home phone number there.

I think that phoning someone will not help if he is very busy at the
moment. However the sending of a warning SMS would be fine.

The solution would be that enough Core members or other helpers were
available during the week while a RC1 is being published. There are
other severe errors not having been solved yet just because of lack of
enough helpers.

- Franz