[TYPO3-core] Reminder: 0001822: There is no API to list tables in theWeb->Page module

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Mar 8 20:34:44 CET 2006

Hello Rupert,

>I see only a screenshot on your mail and in the linked bugreport - no patch.

I have posted the patch already 2 times in the developer list.
Please use the last version.

>does the solution which was suggested by ingo does not work for you?

As I have already mentioned in
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1822
I could with the former API make no entries to the fields in the menu.
Therefore Michael Stucki has created this as a feature request. And
Sebastion Kurfürst has asked me to create a patch as a solution for this.
So believe me this is really needed by some people.

>I just checked the display of news in the page module and it works like it
>should.
>generally I think that this is a tt_products problem and not an issue for the
>core dev list.

Sorry, but this problem cannot be solved in tt_products and all the
other extension who need this.

>PS: and btw: I can reproduce the error shown in the screenshot but I was again
>trapped by the "fatal error: extension blablabla not loaded"  - And fixing
>this behaviour is definetively your job and not the job of the extension
>manager or the user who has to edit his localconf file on his server when
>installing your extension - which is marked as "stable" afaik (suggestion:
>check, if the required file/extension exists and afterwards include it in
>tt_products)

This does not make any sense. tt_products cannot be executed without the
fh_library because the main class inherits from it. The fh_library has
been intended to get into TYPO3 code and become obsolete as soon as
possible. So if you do not have time to look on it, this situation will
remain. I am not going to backdevelop this within tt_products.
fh_library will have to be used in future by some other extensions as
well. I hope it can come into TYPO3 one day. It is needed in order not
to have so many duplicate basic code.

- Franz