[TYPO3-doc] reST and PDF

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Oct 26 01:14:31 CEST 2011

>What I would propose for now is that we find
>a way to represent a TS reference in reST (probably using an extended
>syntax as you mentioned in another thread).

The answer to this seems to lie in a 'list to table' directive. I
don't think the Tsref could be written using the standard 'table'
markup of ReST.

OTH it can probably be handled with a list syntax of ReST. The
docutils community seems have discussed that a lot - way back in 2005
or so. More as a proof of concept as I think the implementation of the
'list-table' directive is already built into ReST. What we need is
probably the 'field-list-table' directive. That's a great idea and
looks almost exactly like what you, Fabien, had proposed before [1].
A pretty concrete specification of that directive is already there.[2]

Unfortunately nobody ever implemented it. That's what David Goodger
answered the other day to a question of mine. It doesn't look to
complicated though. I think I'll be able to implement that when I find
time.

[1]
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2011-October/003449.html
[2]