[TYPO3-typo3org] New ter_fe

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Apr 2 17:40:40 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> I did not want to intrude into this discussion but it seems that this development again goes to technology direction instead of user experience.

np - your comment is as valid as the others. This is just brainstorming
before main concepting, i like to write all ideas down, sort, add
priority etc.

> Redesigning this module is a good chance to turn with your face to users. In particular, implementing those filters takes time. Time is important. If something takes time, project either gets longer or it does not complete on time or with satisfying quality.

This should be first goal: find fast and easy what you search for.
Also nothing is about design yet. I will consult Jens to help out.

> Therefore it would be good if you, guys, do it differently this time :) Define a clear and small scope. Have a minimal usable set of features now. Create essentials only. You can always add stuff later, right? If you try to implement everything, you'll get the same never ending typo3.org redesign case.
>
> Get real. Start small, look at true user needs, not to power functionality that nobody will use. Be rational. Release fast but code it so that you do not have to recode or fix it next week.
>
> Can you do that?

Sure. Please define what are the main things and important for you, that
would help. Sure, every one has other ideas and priorities. At the end
the result should be great for all.

> I hope I was not very much an outsider in this thread :)

definitive not. Please don't hesitate, we need all input :)

vg Steffen