[TYPO3-typo3org] New ter_fe

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 19:27:59 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Sure. Please define what are the main things and important for you, that
> would help. Sure, every one has other ideas and priorities. At the end
> the result should be great for all.

Things that important to me in TER FE interface:
- fast search
- search that takes related terms into account. For example, search for "poll" should also find pbsurvey because it is related. Google does this stuff for regular searches and it helps a lot.
- easy way to rate extensions
- search sorted by rating (highly depends on the previous item)
- show minimum information about the extension in the list view. This is hard to describe, have a look to this sketch: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1130/terfesearch.jpg
- paging (not 100 extensions on one page)
- showing two extensions in a row. This would use horizontal space more efficiently.

Tags would be great as a new ext_emconf.php option. However it causes an issue that everybody will start inventing new tags. It would be good if EM&TER new about a "core" set of tags and prompt users to use them. This way "news", "blog", "speaking url" could be unified.

Something like this.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member