[TYPO3-typo3org] New ter_fe

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:46:24 CEST 2010

Hi!

bernd wilke wrote:
> and for the search some filter by
> - date
> - TYPO3-version
> - author
> - DLs total /DLs of current version
> - rating,
> - comments
> - state, review, existence of manual, ...

I did not want to intrude into this discussion but it seems that this development again goes to technology direction instead of user experience.

Redesigning this module is a good chance to turn with your face to users. In particular, implementing those filters takes time. Time is important. If something takes time, project either gets longer or it does not complete on time or with satisfying quality.

Therefore it would be good if you, guys, do it differently this time :) Define a clear and small scope. Have a minimal usable set of features now. Create essentials only. You can always add stuff later, right? If you try to implement everything, you'll get the same never ending typo3.org redesign case.

Get real. Start small, look at true user needs, not to power functionality that nobody will use. Be rational. Release fast but code it so that you do not have to recode or fix it next week.

Can you do that?

I hope I was not very much an outsider in this thread :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member