[TYPO3-typo3org] New ter_fe

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Apr 2 00:07:28 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:55:50 +0200 schrieb Steffen Kamper:

> Hi,
>
> without disturbing any work on the new typo3.org i want to hear some
> opinions, ideas and suggestions for a new presentation of extensions.
>
> We had a lot of discussions about within former t3org relaunch team, and
> i discussed a lot private.
>
> Unlike to say, the actual presentation is some "messy" and not really
> helpful if you search an extension.
>
> I like the user-interaction i saw at wordpress, where user can enter
> "compatibility with version x", maybe some more information, graph with
> time/downloads (hehe, i know you'll think: if the downloadcounter would
> work ...). See yourself:
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/stats/

for statistics you can count and show a lot of numbers. some may be more
interesting.
what about a 'Current-DL-Counter' for each extension instead /additional
to the 'DL-Counter since release'. something like 'downloads last
week' ('moving average').
so a new extension can be equal to old extensions.

> Tagging extensions (author and user) would replace a complex
> categorisation, i think very important
>
> Visits of a page with the extension would also show interests.
>
> The rest is something like search and filtering the list views.

I hope the possible views (sorting) will really work

some new views?:
- extension of the day
- random extension
- show all extensions from author (direkt link from extension)

and for the search some filter by
- date
- TYPO3-version
- author
- DLs total /DLs of current version
- rating,
- comments
- state, review, existence of manual, ...

> A rss feed should be mandantory.
>
> I don't speak about design, only functionality. Could you add your
> wishes and ideas?

I miss the possibility of user-comments, where user can support
extensions if the author is not availible (any more)

all user-additions (rating, comments, ...) should depend on extension
version.
all version-information should be gathered into a view over all versions
of an extension, maybe with graphs/tables of versions, dates, ratings,
comments of each extension.

and what about some screenshots (outside of /extracted from manual)?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html