[TYPO3-typo3org] Why don't we do MyTYPO3?

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:16:42 CEST 2007

Hey there,

New on this particular mailling list, so forgive me for diving right
in, but I'm gonna state the obvious and say that the majority of
experienced users will most likely bookmark the pages they use
regularly (Extensions index page for example) and beginners, well they
need that frontpage to hold their hand in all the right ways!

Whilst I kinda like the idea I know I never use google's
customisations because then I have to be logged in, which is one more
step to take if I do not happen to BE logged in, wheras a bookmark or
sensible information heirarchy seems to work just as well. (Other
people have different working habits though!)

I wonder if the time that would be consumed on such a project would be
better spent looking at the "Happy Paths" taken from the frontpage, EG
the page routes a newbie must take, compared to the routes taken by a
more experienced developer who knows what he/she wants ?

Don't want to tread on toes, so please remember these are just opinions!

Kind regards,
Denyerec

--
-------