[TYPO3-typo3org] Why don't we do MyTYPO3?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Apr 4 11:26:24 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have been following (a bit from afar) the discussions about typo3.org.
There are several sub-topics, but one is the home page. Quite logically
many wishes - sometimes contradictory - have been expressed about the
content of that page. So I wondered what about having a home page along
the lines of MyGoogle of Netvibes? Every user could customize what
he/she wants to see on that page. And the default selection (for
newcomers) could include useful links to getting started with TYPO3. And
the end result would be an extension for doing such personalized pages
released to the TER to benefit everybody.

Am I making sense or being completely delirious (or should that be
deli.rio.us :-)? Actually my main worry would be an added load on the
server...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter