[TYPO3-typo3org] Who's who

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sun Oct 22 16:11:44 CEST 2006

Hi Patrick,

Am 20.10.2006 um 17:46 schrieb Patrick Gaumond:

> Like Stefano, I miss the old Who's who page

me too, I honestly miss that since I had to switch it off (due to
change to TER 2). I'd love to have a typo3.org/people/username page
stating all interesting information about a user, including in which
teams he works, what extensions he published etc.

> We can easily recreate that one even with a manual approach to get it
> back faster (I volunteer to do it) but that brings the question of who
> decide people "important enough" ?

I imagine that everybody automatically has a member page, what is
shown on typo3.org/people/ could be discussed, maybe no list of
people at all. In my opinion the list of people should appear at the
team pages and everywhere else where you want to display a list of
participants or members.

Many ideas exist for this and Kasper is currently working on a little
plugin which can display teams, members and participants. Therefore
the people pages would be single views rendered by this plugin.

What you can do right now is creating an HTML template for a single
view and different list views (members of a team etc). Then it will
be very easy for Kasper to generate this views.

--
robert
http://typo3.org/gimmefive