[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Andreas Dolleschal andreas at developer.at
Fri Oct 20 09:38:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

> But I cannot believe it. There're many big sites running using TYPO3 -
> even interactive sites.

I have to agree to that.

Did you ever spend a few minutes to check the main-sites of other cms? I
did (the most used ones), and I did not find a single website which is
not powered by the CMS of the corresponding company. I may some kind of
religion but in my point of view it make no sense to use any other
system because I (from a users perspective) would not trust a system
which the producer does not trust ;-)

> Yes, sounds good.

Agreed, if you use different hosts ;-)

> > You are wrong.
> That's too short for me. You mean there're a dozen servers instead of
> 2, and no solution for PHP-LoadBalancing does exist?

There should be a good solution if we try to find it. We not spend
enough time and resources into this issue?

> >> * It doesn't make any sense to use another CMS
> > Yes, of course it does. We should use the best tool for the job. You
> > forget that TYPO3 may not be the best tool for everything in the

Kasper you are right, TYPO3 might not be the best tool for any job, BUT
it should (in in my point of view, it MUST) be the right tool to host
the main-pages of the community.

Best regards
Andreas

P.S: sorry for this "rude" comments at my first posting but I think this
is a very important issue

---
[ Jetzt Geld verdienen mit Developer AT - http://www.developer.at/produkte/partnerprogramm.html ]
[ Heute schon "ge-lonpos-t"? Das ultimative Puzzle fur Gehirnathleten! http://www.lonpos-spiel.at ]