[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Oct 20 09:55:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I think you're arguing something that wasn't the main point...

Andreas Dolleschal wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> But I cannot believe it. There're many big sites running using TYPO3 -
>> even interactive sites.
>>

> I have to agree to that.
>
> Did you ever spend a few minutes to check the main-sites of other cms? I
> did (the most used ones), and I did not find a single website which is
> not powered by the CMS of the corresponding company.

Including the typo3.com and typo3.org websites.

> I may some kind of
> religion but in my point of view it make no sense to use any other
> system because I (from a users perspective) would not trust a system
> which the producer does not trust ;-)

I think everyone trusts TYPO3 at this point. :)

>>> Yes, of course it does. We should use the best tool for the job. You
>>> forget that TYPO3 may not be the best tool for everything in the
>>>

> Kasper you are right, TYPO3 might not be the best tool for any job, BUT
> it should (in in my point of view, it MUST) be the right tool to host
> the main-pages of the community.

You're right, and it does. The question is about other services which
TYPO3 doesn't currently provide but some in the community feel it
should. Everyone agrees that TYPO3 should be used for everything it is
capable of doing. The discussion at hand is about *what* TYPO3 should be
capable of doing. It's not really about whether the main websites should
be using TYPO3 to power the main pages. The big points of contention at
the moment seem to be with the support.typo3.org forum, and occasionally
with the wiki at wiki.typo3.org.

Cheers,
Alex