[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Thu Oct 19 16:29:20 CEST 2006

>> typo3.org is a site for developers - but where is the end-users site for
>> TYPO3? Should TYPO3.com be less a marketing site and more for the
>> end-user?

I don't think that it's .org or .com responsibility to support
end-users. If by end-users you mean Editors. No real end-users will ever
install TYPO3... Yes we should have documentation for those but not a
full website.

>> news.typo3.org should not exist - why not run all news on .org?

Was asked 6 months ago and even Daniel H. was ok with the idea.

>> buzz.typo3.org should at least have a little content on TYPO3.org so one
>> could at least see what's new?.

Buzz is too cryptic for a link... We can keep the sub-domain but in fact
blogs.typo3.org is much better.

Beware of the Mystery meat...
REF: http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html

>> Kaspers great pod casts should be published on the front page
>
> Yes!!!

At yesterday meeting in Que'bec, someone complained that podcast looked
too much like an ego-trip by the leader... What I realised with this
comment and looking at the .org site is:

1- New to TYPO3 should be the first link on the left.
2- Second item could be a link to typo3.com with a title like "Why
choosing TYPO3?" so people get redirected to the marketing related .com
site.

Patrick