[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Thu Oct 19 13:32:51 CEST 2006

Hello,

I answer directly to this post because here are the most questions. This
is my view, as member of the DocTeam.

* for me the wiki is very fast to use, and to work on the documents
(because it's an extrem simple tool)
* If current running projects have a minimum of documentation
(whishlist, who cares for what feature, some diagramms) then it's easier
for others to CONTRIBUTE
* there's MUCH existing documentation for newbees, editors, admins,
extension-developers, core-developers
* the question is how much 3rd-party tools we _really_ should use. Some
years ago I decided to optimize the wiki for caring about the
documentation and in the moment I'm also helping with the Jive-based
KnowledgeBase -- but maybe I should have put my whole energy into TYPO3
itself to run this all on typo3.org? I'm rethinking this, yet.

I remember that the mailing-list-search on typo3.org has gone because of
traffic-problems.
-> Is the search-traffic-problem solved, if we categorize and tag the
most important newsgroup-entries and serve just these via the searchbox?

=> is the performance of the typo3.org-server high enough, if we use
typo3.org _to develop_ all documentation by teamwork? I mean with the
full document-lifecycle (beginning from brainstorming/concept to draft
to review to publish) ?

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler