[TYPO3-typo3org] documentation / Jive

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Wed Oct 18 09:34:48 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> Why not apply a similar organic approach to extension categorization? We
> could even let the TER users apply categories and not extension owners!
> That might be even more userfriendly in the long run (along the view
> that an insiders understanding doesn't match how an end-user thinks
> about things).

The problem is that categories are also displayed in EM, and as soon as
you have multiple categories/tags per extension, the list becomes very
long and redundant.

Plus having users choose tags might end up in more chaos, so that we
have more tags than extensions because people choose to have their
company name or whatever as a tag... Unless someone monitors the tags
and makes sure that "guestbook" and "guestbooks" cannot exist side by
side, tagging will surely make things more confusing...

Cheers,
Michael