[TYPO3-typo3org] The absent father comes home

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Mon Oct 16 02:35:30 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> TYPO3.org is the most important framework in our community. We gotta
> make it work now.

good to hear this from you, Kasper!

> I don't know if a wishlist for point 1 already exists from months and
> years of discussion which I haven't read through. But could the team
> members please try to build such a list at this point (use the wiki)

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3.org_-_improvements

from my point of view, the two MUST areas are an upgrade TER and a central Snippets (or HOW-TO) repositary

for the first, i would suggest a good study of Joomla ext repositary (excellent): http://extensions.joomla.org/

for the latter maybe a new ext should be developed (also if http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/ made a good work)
it would be perfect to let it be under support.typo3.org

i would spend Association's money into these 2 projects (plus a new deep guide to extension development), since they'll boost the whole typo3 project.

ps: as TER categories are active, i would also add to TER more professionals complete templates, starting with typo3.org's one

stefano cecere