[TYPO3-typo3org] [ANN] Public beta test for TER2 ratings and frontend

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue May 16 08:56:01 CEST 2006

Patrick Rodacker wrote:

> - Full and Review List: star images would be nice, but maybe are to wide
> and crash the layout. I would suggest to not display the number of votes
> in the full list or the reviewed list, so the number fits in one line.
> Maybe it is possible to display the amount of votes and the stars in a
> layer when hovering the ratings numbers.

I just want to make sure that no of votes is visible to everyone and
hover titles are not viewable all at once. I'll first cut the date to
yy/mm/dd only and see how the table looks in min size layout...

> - New, updated, popular and search result list: If it is possible I
> would like to see the star images left to the state (alpha, beta,
> stable) in the title row. This gives a very good overview to the user.
> Don't know if this produces any problems with long extension keys and
> names. Keep the numbers and the amount of votes in the rating cell as
> available right now.

I'll probably not get the star ratings into the header line with
breaking the layout once again. Maybe later...

> One question about the rating dimension and the rating qualities. I
> don't think every logged in user should be able to rate the quality of
> the code. This has to be done by people really knowing about quality of
> code not by every user with a user account. Maybe this dimension should
> be reduced to "compatibility" only?

Nobody forces you to fill this rating dimension, so it is perfectly okay
not to rate code quality without any drawbacks. Maybe I should give a
hint in the text concerning this issue. Since we don't know any
reviewers it's mainly a question of trust (you could just as well not
have read the manual and still rate the docs...) in both the raters and
the large number of them straighting things out.

> In the single View (ratings) the column "Notes" is to small. I support
> the idea you have As you replied to Sebastian using icons for the
> headings of the rating dimension columns and a legend (cutline) to
> explain the icons ;-). I would suggest to set the vertical align of all
> columns to "top" instead of "middle".

Yes, will do.

> And the last question: is a user able to vote once for each extension
> version or only once overall?

Once for each extension version.

Cheers,
Michael