[TYPO3-typo3org] Authentication against typo3.org fe_users

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue May 9 17:44:11 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

Am 06.05.2006 um 14:24 schrieb Michael Stucki:

> - One connection per login is too much in my case of a newsserver
> authentication. My leafnode client for example fetches all news
> every 15
> minutes. It would make much sense to cache the login data for some
> time
> therefore...
> => Why not just make a daily SQL dump, upload it to the newsserver,
> and have
> INN read from there?
>
> Would that be possible?

yes, but before we do that: isn't there an easy but more general
solution for this like using an LDAP server? I don't have much
experience with LDAP but I imagine that exporting the users from
TYPO3.org to LDAP and using that for INN would be quite useful (if
it's possible).

Does anyone have the knowledge to comment on this or even implement
it for us?

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development