[TYPO3-typo3org] Authentication against typo3.org fe_users

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat May 6 14:24:17 CEST 2006

Hi Robert,

> I'm not sure - I guess the idea René had was quite nice and could
> work out fine: The client site (news.typo3.org in this case) would
> use a authentication service "SOAP client" which connects to a SOAP
> server at TYPO3.org whenever a user wants to log in. You know? That
> kind of ...

I think I understand. There are two problems with this:

- Everybody who provides this service could steal all user passwords
whenever someone logs in successfully.
=> SPs will have to be trusted.

- One connection per login is too much in my case of a newsserver
authentication. My leafnode client for example fetches all news every 15
minutes. It would make much sense to cache the login data for some time
therefore...
=> Why not just make a daily SQL dump, upload it to the newsserver, and have
INN read from there?

Would that be possible?

Regards, michael
--