[TYPO3-typo3org] [ANN] Public beta test for TER2 ratings and frontend

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sat May 6 15:06:15 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

the enhanced TER frontend and the spanking new review plugin are now
ready to be beta tested on http://h843691.serverkompetenz.net/typo3org

The available fe_users are test1 - test4 and user1 - user4, all with
username=password. Please choose some to your liking when testing
because ratings work only with logged-in users. And please be nice to my
small vserver!

Some hints:

1. The TER FE plugin has all the new sorting criteria I already
mentioned here, plus a bit of re-organization and a new output with cool
CSS. Only real-URL is disabled now, but I will enable it after I get the
first feedback and no major other flaws are found.

2. The ratings work like this: 3 rating dimensions, 1 free text field.
Rating averages are only computed if there are at least 3 ratings
available, so don't wonder why your review has no impact if there are
less ratings...

3. Ratings can be shown as plain numbers or CSS-styled star images (as
seen in theoverall ratings column). Please think about where you like
what display mode.

4. The rating algorithm is now (avg for this version) + (avg for all
versions (incl. this)) /2 , so current ratings have more impact than old
ones. All this only with 3+ ratings available either current or all versions

5. Ratings are non-revokable, and I don't want to implement this. No
high-school rating drama please.

Please do some heavy testing for HTML, CSS, Layout issues, functionality
of TER, function of ratings, searching, sorting, etc. ALL YOU CAN FIND!

Please post all test information and suggestions in this thread, except
if you find security problems (I tried hard but there can always be
some), than please reply to mscharkow at gmx.net

Greetings,
Michael

PS: YES, documentation plugin is not installed, neither are the actual
extension files, so don't wonder about that!

PPS: If anybody could give me a hint about why the hell all links are
b0rked (with &amp, etc.) and HTML therefore invalid, I'd be very grateful.