[TYPO3-typo3org] TER FE enhancements

Fri Mar 10 21:46:37 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> Michael Scharkow schrieb:
>
>>Hi Elmar and Ingo,
>>
>>I do like the idea of using <dl> for individual extension info fields,
>>but I for the higher level, an unordered list containing those dl stuff
>>*might* be just as cryptic in text browsers as the current tables.
>>

> Yes. We are still not used to the usage of lists for lists. :-)

I need to add that every table is a nested list of 2 dimensions. So a
result list of a DB query is still one of the best examples where a
table is justified.

If you take definition list very strictly lists with labels like
details lists or forms are no definition lists.

I personally prefer a wider understanding of DL, also for labeled
lists. W3C follows the wider understanding:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/lists.html#h-10.3

<quote>
Another application of DL, for example, is for marking up dialogues,
with each DT naming a speaker, and each DD containing his or her words.
</qoute>

<quote>
Definition lists vary only slightly from other types of lists in that
list items consist of two parts: a term and a description. The term is
given by the DT element and is restricted to inline content. The
description is given with a DD element that contains block-level content.
</qoute>

Mark: a  DD element that contains block-level content.

Regards

Elmar