[TYPO3-typo3org] My Extensions, where?

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Fri Mar 3 14:37:47 CET 2006

Hi Ernesto,

> One important thing I miss is the "my extensions" part in the new
> Extension repository. Where can I manage my extensions now? I can create
> new extension keys. I can upload my extension using TYPO3 4.0-CVS. And
> now where do I update info, docu, etc? Or is this all now obsolete?
I don't think docu is needed anymore - don't know the other things.

> Another issue: on upload it tells me that the "security team will have
> to review it" before its published. Well, is this really needed? I mean,
> this is open source, and we've always had extensions published as soon
> as they were uploaded (release early, release often). Security is
> important, but it should be enough just to tag extensions that have been
> security reviewed, so everyone can live with the risk of its choice.
I think it currently _is_ shown after upload. When importing it with
EM2, however, you have to check that you want to see unreviewed
extensions as well.

The Extension Security Review is really needed... Many extensions have
bad code and maybe even security flaws... If you have time and want to
participate in a review team, I think that would be awesome :-) (I think
you have the required knowledge concerning SQL injection for example)

Greets, Sebastian