[TYPO3-typo3org] My Extensions, where?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Mar 2 15:53:06 CET 2006

Hi,

new TER2 seems to rock. Its fast, its modern and it looks good. Some
minor tweaks still needed, but I think in the open source spirit we will
improve that "on-demand". Thanks Robert for the nice work!

One important thing I miss is the "my extensions" part in the new
Extension repository. Where can I manage my extensions now? I can create
new extension keys. I can upload my extension using TYPO3 4.0-CVS. And
now where do I update info, docu, etc? Or is this all now obsolete?

Another issue: on upload it tells me that the "security team will have
to review it" before its published. Well, is this really needed? I mean,
this is open source, and we've always had extensions published as soon
as they were uploaded (release early, release often). Security is
important, but it should be enough just to tag extensions that have been
security reviewed, so everyone can live with the risk of its choice.

Or should I assume that all extensions that are on typo3.org (even the
old ones) have been security reviewed? I guess not. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto