[TYPO3-typo3org] [Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Fri Jan 20 07:46:47 CET 2006

* Michael Scharkow <mscharkow at gmx.net> [060119 15:23]:
> As my professor would say: We don't have to rely on individual
> reliability which *can* be considered as random, but as
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers tells us, this will
> even out with the number of ratings. This is why rating averages for
> extensions will not even computed if there are < 5 ratings available.

Yes I would go for this as well. Like in eBay. If someone has 300
positives, and 2 bad, than maybe even the two bad ones had only problems
with him.
Same with an EXT. If 300 people say its great, than 2 do not matter.
Same the other way round. Later on we could try to implement a think
where we take trustworhty votes more into account than non trustworthy.

What I think is trustworthy? I really have *no* clue ;-)) This is why
I do not dig into it, but I see this as a step 2.

have fun
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               TYPO3-Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100