[TYPO3-typo3org] Re: [Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Jan 18 10:25:59 CET 2006

Hi people,

just FYI: Robert Lemke and I are currently working on official reviews
*and* user-ratings for extensions in TER2. Reviews are almost ready now,
and a lot of that rating stuff has also been written already.

I do work through this thread and will consider your proposals. However,
there are already some points I'd like to mention:

- extension ratings will not be implemented as a generic service because
we need them *soon* and they are too different from generic ratings. I
can help with creating a generic rating service for TYPO3 when I have
time, and you can, of course, use available code for this.

- I don't think an elaborate rating system makes sense because in most
cases, it's not worth it. Weighted means (by reputation or usefullness
meta-rating) are very hard to adjust properly and more often than not do
not make any difference. I know people love to rate and review, but
tyo3.org is not slashdot or amazon.

- regarding the ECT efforts: We will have to see if and when you can
come up with a reliable certification -or whatever you call it- scheme
for extensions *and* a reliable reviewing team so that we can expand the
reviews or ratings to include such measures.

Greetings,
Michael