[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3-english Archives before Jan 2005

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Feb 27 16:59:49 CET 2006

Hi Paul,

> I notice that with the TYPO3-English list that searches weren't
> returning results before Jan 2005:
>
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/
>
> Is that because archives before then have been discarded or taken off-line?

The reason is simply that the mails were not archived before that day (because
typo3.org had its own list archive).

> That would be a shame as do remember until quiet recently still finding
> a lot of useful solutions and tips in older archives. These older
> archives are especially useful in assisting maintenance of older client
> sites who for whatever reason (money, time) and despite my advice on the
> benefits of upgrading have chosen to keep using older versions of TYPO3.
>
> I understand that for performance and other reasons online access may
> not be able to be provided for such archives any longer.

This is not a problem and the archives will be kept in future. However, I
can't change the situation for past months that were not archived.

> Is there any way to obtain these older archives. I must admit my
> newsreader (Thunderbird) isn't the best so at storing all messages (my
> email file is large enough), and headers beyond the previous 30 days.
> Believe me I've tried in the past but performance suffers too much.

Yes that would be an option: The newsserver has stored all message since it
was introduced in February 2003.

- michael