[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3-english Archives before Jan 2005

Paul Sanderson pauls at iibsc.com
Mon Feb 27 16:42:57 CET 2006

Hi List,

I notice that with the TYPO3-English list that searches weren't
returning results before Jan 2005:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/

Is that because archives before then have been discarded or taken off-line?

That would be a shame as do remember until quiet recently still finding
a lot of useful solutions and tips in older archives. These older
archives are especially useful in assisting maintenance of older client
sites who for whatever reason (money, time) and despite my advice on the
benefits of upgrading have chosen to keep using older versions of TYPO3.

I understand that for performance and other reasons online access may
not be able to be provided for such archives any longer.

Is there any way to obtain these older archives. I must admit my
newsreader (Thunderbird) isn't the best so at storing all messages (my
email file is large enough), and headers beyond the previous 30 days.
Believe me I've tried in the past but performance suffers too much.

Any advice on setting up older archives for searching on my local
machines would be greatly appreciated; I think it's worth the effort
given the number of solutions in very old posts I've found in the past.

Best regards,

Paul Sanderson - iibscdev