[TYPO3-typo3org] two articles sections.. a bif of confusion.. some proposals for typo3.org

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Feb 20 10:40:34 CET 2006

Hi Stefano,

stefano cecere wrote:

> i was search typo3.org for that article about tuning performace..
> and i discovered that there is:
>
> - an article section under Development [1]
> - an article section under Documentation [2]
> - a tips & tricks unnder Documentation... [3]
>
> i'd like to suggest some usability improvements for typo3.org:

> 1) to merge all the above  [1] [2] [3] in just 1 section (at least 1 and
> 2) under Documentation

> [1] http://typo3.org/development/articles/
> [2] http://typo3.org/documentation/articles/
> [3] http://typo3.org/documentation/tips-tricks/

Thank you for your suggestions. In fact the only reason why these pages have
not been merged yet is that nobody found the time to do it. If you'd liket
to help us, here is what you can do:

Download one of the existing articles in Open Office Writer format [1]. Then
remove the content of that article and replace it by the content of the
different articles and tips&tricks. Make sure to use the same paragraph
styles like I do in the original OO document and of course create one
document for each article.

When you're done with that, just send the articles to webmaster at typo3.org.
We will then put them into the development/articles section and remove the
other pages.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

[1]
http://typo3.org/uploads/tx_rlmpofficedocuments/article-howtouseexistinghooks.sxw

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development