[TYPO3-typo3org] inconsisitent links in list archive at netfielders

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 1 18:01:52 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

no backups left?

On 01.12.2006 15:17 Michael Stucki wrote:

> Well, on Monday evening I was fixing the mailing list archive search on
> lists.netfielders.de. This is done using a software called "namazu".
> However, it required me to rebuild the whole mailing list archive.

Never delete postings from the mbox files.
http://cat.org.au/node/137

You have mailman in sync with nntp, don't you? So maybe this was caused
by some canceled postings.
Better disallow cancel control message.

In some cases, sed will do a better job.

> This is really bad. I will notice it for future changes, but probably
> someone can help me with this next time. How can I rebuild the list archive
> (to make template changes apply) without wiping the existing archive?

Don't know. arch will append(!) all postings to existing archive, if you
do not use --wipe
This leads to redundancy.

Afaik the normal case with arch is, that it rebuilds the archive
correctly, if all postings are in place. The index starts with 0.

P.S. The search engine does not seem to work.

--
cheers,
Steffen