[TYPO3-typo3org] inconsisitent links in list archive at netfielders

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 19:57:30 CET 2006

Hi Steffen,

> no backups left?

I could ask Jan-Hendrik (the system owner) to reload them. However, the
templates would have to be modified again, otherwise there is no search
interface like here: http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/

This is probably more work than what it helps us after all.

>> Well, on Monday evening I was fixing the mailing list archive search on
>> lists.netfielders.de. This is done using a software called "namazu".
>> However, it required me to rebuild the whole mailing list archive.
>
> Never delete postings from the mbox files.
> http://cat.org.au/node/137

Seems like I did this once, though it must be long ago... Anyway, you are
right.

> You have mailman in sync with nntp, don't you? So maybe this was caused
> by some canceled postings.
> Better disallow cancel control message.

Cancelling would not remove the mail from the mailman archive.

> Don't know. arch will append(!) all postings to existing archive, if you
> do not use --wipe
> This leads to redundancy.

Yes. Maybe it would have worked if I deleted only the index pages, however I
am not sure, and therefore I don't want to waste time with testing this.

> Afaik the normal case with arch is, that it rebuilds the archive
> correctly, if all postings are in place. The index starts with 0.

That was what I expected, yes. See above.

> P.S. The search engine does not seem to work.

Argh! OK, I will see what I can do. Seems like it works for some lists only,
but not for all...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out