[TYPO3-typo3org] Request: Move trac to a t3.org subdomain

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Aug 22 21:23:28 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

> Jan-Hendrik has stepped ahead and set up a trac instance that mirrors
> typo3 and typo3xdev svn at
> http://svn.t3.digitaldistrict.de/cgi-bin/trac.cgi
>
> In Dietikon we discussed that it would be very nice to have this
> available officially under typo3.org. So this is only a reminder and a
> request if anybody (Jan-Hendrik?!) objects to switching the domain. I
> hope digitaldistrict is not worried about traffic or server performance.

Basically I agree. But I also agree with Andreas that this change should be
planned more in detail than just switching a domain name.

> 1. The typo3.org team and maybe the core need a private wiki, we *could*
> use the trac instance for that. (auth is possible, but not SSO). I'd
> then prefer dev.typo3.org as a subdomain, in the hope that someday we'll
> even get to use the issue tracker and the wiki for core development
> (maybe for 5.0)

Last week I had a first look at Trac and must say that I like it really
much, mostly (of course) because of the very nice source code browser.

I'm questioning if it is really worth and/or needed to use all the other
Trac plugins as well. Of course this could be nice, but do they work as
good as Mantis and MediaWiki do...? Let's have a deeper look at that.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out