[TYPO3-typo3org] Ratings, another try

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Thu Apr 6 10:21:55 CEST 2006

Stefan Geith wrote:
> If you use Solution2, then plugins that are very 'active' have
> a disadvantage.

Where is the disadvantage? If you update often chances are that you'll
not have enough ratings for the current version quite often, so that the
ratings fall back to the old ratings automatically.

An AVG(current, oldversions) where there are not enough (as a result:
no) current ratings is automatically AVG(oldversions), or I am very much
mistaken.

I can see that there is no clear *advantage* of updating often, but
that's not a problem IMHO.

Cheers,
Michael