[TYPO3-typo3org] Ratings, another try

Stefan Geith typo3dev at geithware.de
Wed Apr 5 17:19:01 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> Solution 1: Average ratings are always for *all* extension versions,
> Solution 2: Make the ratings for the current version weigh more than the
> older ratings. I don't want to write a research paper on this, so why
> not simply say
>
> WEIGHTED_AVG(version) = 2*AVG(version) + AVG(olderversions)) / 3

If you use Solution2, then plugins that are very 'active' have
a disadvantage.

With 'active', I mean plugins that have often
- small enhancements
- bugixes
- other improvements

But I think, that plugins, that get enhanced often -
and are uploded to TER often - should remain on
their old rating.

Perhaps we could define
   'olderversions' = Versions with other Major/Minor Versionnumber
but other Dev-Version doesn't matter.

-

Sust my 2 cent ...

Stefan