[TYPO3-typo3org] Ratings, another try

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 21:47:33 CEST 2006

Robert Markula wrote:

> What about making ratings time-related? Say, ratings that are older than
> a half year get only half the weight, ratings older than a full year get
> only a quarter of the weight, etc.?
>
> This would have the additional benefit that abandoned extensions that
> are not used anymore (perhaps because there is a better extension out
> there that does the same) would automatically rate lower.

Hi Robert,

I'd rather weigh on versions than on time because extensions might be
feature complete and "perfect" for a long time, and there'd be no reason
to rate them lower.

So, what would be more appropriate would be degrading with versions, so
that we have an autoregressive effect. However, I cannot think of an
implementation with unknown N previous versions that still ensures the
1-5 scale...

Greetings,
Michael