[Typo3-typo3org] wiki down ?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Sep 29 20:03:57 CEST 2005

Hi Bernhard
> Just wanted to add a nice wiki entry describing how to create
> a two-level <ul> content element with TV FCE's but must have noted
> that the wiki doesn't react ... the page just doesn't load and I get
> a connection timeout.

I CC:ed Sebastian, I think it looks like a server problem.

> I don't know if this problem is related to spam or such but I always
> asked myself if we shouldn't make the wiki "edit on login" only. This
> would reduce spam and other misusage ...

Of course, but have you had a big problem with spam on the wiki?

I check for spammed wiki pages nearly every day. At average
there are about
 - one page spammed
 - three pages with "good" contributions
per day, made by an anonymous user.

Sometimes there are big spammers coming around and sometimes
spammers even make user accounts/pages! I don´t think they use
the accounts to spam even more pages...

But IMHO it is still not a big problem! At least not for me when
I check for/remove spam.  ;-)

> I don't think a login would reduce the amount of information entered by
> contributors into the wiki.

Your guess is as good as mine, but I definitly think it would
reduce the amount of information entered into the wiki.
I rather think it is a matter of *how much* it would reduce
contributions. Maybe not significantly, but as long as "the
maintainer" (=me) doesn´t think it is a problem to remove spam,
why change anything?

/Peter Kindström