[Typo3-typo3org] wiki down ?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Sep 29 20:39:44 CEST 2005

Peter Kindström wrote:

> I CC:ed Sebastian, I think it looks like a server problem.

thx for the fast response .. works fine again now.

> Of course, but have you had a big problem with spam on the wiki?

i visit the wiki only sometimes as i mainly use the doc-matrix but last
time I was annoyed again by some spam. Tried to use the undo
functionality but couldn't figure that out quickly. Pherhaps I should
just have taken a look at the wiki-manual on how to remove spam (is
there such a page ? where ?)

> I check for spammed wiki pages nearly every day. At average
> there are about
>  - one page spammed
>  - three pages with "good" contributions
> per day, made by an anonymous user.

well ... that's a lot of work ...
thx again !

> Your guess is as good as mine, but I definitly think it would
> reduce the amount of information entered into the wiki.
> I rather think it is a matter of *how much* it would reduce
> contributions. Maybe not significantly, but as long as "the
> maintainer" (=me) doesn´t think it is a problem to remove spam,
> why change anything?

Ok if it's ok for you ... and if contributions are mostly made by
anonymous users you are completly right that we shall let it open.

greets,
Bernhard