[Typo3-typo3org] Bad links?

Jens Bierkandt j.bierkandt at nospam.tectrend.de
Mon Sep 26 18:22:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Please report those links to me...

I think there's another way of finding broken links in typo3.org. One
could search for "postVarSet as expected" (extract of the standard error
text from RealURL) for the typo3.org site like
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&c2coff=1&as_qdr=all&q=%22postVarSet+as+expected%21%22+site%3Atypo3.org&btnG=Suche&meta=
Maybe there are some pages in typo3.org that still contain a link to a
page found in this list (using for example
link:typo3.org/teams/core-development/).

I was also wondering if it is intended not to render the error-pages of
RealURL at typo3.org with a valid 404-header (page not found) so that
search engines drop the broken links instantly. I filed a bug a couple
of weeks ago:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1315

Having a valid 404-header, one could easily parse the logfiles and get a
list of non existent sites and search for the links to these pages. Or
just using one of the webmaster tools to check for invalid links. If for
example a lot of people try to get a page that has been moved, one would
get a high number of 404's beside the normal "noise" and would see that
something's wrong.

Regards,
Jens Bierkandt

--