[Typo3-typo3org] Bad links?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Sep 25 14:59:37 CEST 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>>Hmmm. You ask if it was a mistake to flush the mapping table. Wouldn't it be
>>easier to just try importing this table from the backup?
>

> Concerning all id-to-path mappings they are fixed now. No big deal. Of
> course we could re-import.
>
> However, if all problems are related to the documentation library now,
> then that doesn't matter at all since the deep links in that section
> WILL change over time. There is simply no way to ensure long-term link
> consistency in the documentation library (to chapters deep in documents)
> since that depends on how carefully documentation authors and extension
> owners choose to maintain the old references to new or re-arranged
> chapters in the documentation.
>

>>How will you proceed with this next time the problem occurs?
>>
>>I really don't understand why RealUrl works so hard! I wonder if it's wise
>>to think about restarting that project?
>

> Come on. Realurl works perfectly, there is no flaw in its logic. All
> this is related to

The logic is fine with me. If I change page names and delete URL cache
links will be different -> makes sense
But there are a few bugs and there isn't even a category "tx_realurl" in
the Project select box of the bugtracker ... so:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1462

Should there get a category opened for realURL ?

greets,
Bernhard