[Typo3-typo3org] Mailing lists

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Mon Oct 17 13:31:02 CEST 2005

Hi Folks, Hi Wolfgang,

I have re-enabled the english and dev-list archives on typo3.org now
(http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/english-main-list-archive/). I
have uploaded a new version of the maillisttofaq extensions which uses the
FULLTEXT index feature of MySQL for searching instead of the old clear-text
search. I don't know yet if this will solve the performance issues we had
with the archive, but it is worth a try.

It will take some hours or days before all the mails from the last month has
been retrieved into the system. This depends on visitors to the pages.

@wolfgang: From tomorrow, please keep an eye on the slow-sql log of the site
and general load of the servers so we can get an idea if this changes solves
the problems for now. if now, we will have to disable the archive again.

I made this change to silence the criticism of just turning the archive off.
However we MUST consider a long-term solution for a mailing list archive
which is NOT based on TYPO3.org software (unless of course we can easily make
this work fast). This is therefore considered a temporary fix.

--
- kasper