[Typo3-typo3org] [TYPO3-UG US] TER 2 reviews WAS:Partner section and TYPO3.us

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sun Oct 16 16:57:31 CEST 2005

[...]
> Yes, you should check out Robert Lemkes scipt from TYCON3 on this matter.
> The new TER will sport a rating system.

[...]
>>There is an extension reviewing team
>>
>>http://typo3.org/teams/extrev/members/
>>
>>but it still doesn't really go into action.
>

> I think this is definitely a dead horse.

A plain rating system is a good start to get better orientation for the
users. On the other hand most extensions are so specific that you can't
really compare them to other ones. That's the reason why I don't expect
to much from a plain voting tool. A working system that assures the
quality of extensions is absolutely needed.

If extension reviews by a fixed team doesn't work, I hope at least for
some public review features in TER 2, a simple commenting tool for each
extension. If the owner is unreachable bugfixes could posted there and
experiances could be reported. That would give a lot of help.

An additional idea would be an automatically created link to the wiki
per extension. The community could commonly enhance the documents for
each extension. The way from the extension to commenting should be as
short as possible.

Probably all that is already on the agenda. :-)

[...]

> Cheers
>
> Daniel

Elmar

Follows up to typo3.teams.typo3org.

--
Climate change 2005: Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain,
Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...