[Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Sun Nov 13 19:13:25 CET 2005

* Robert Lemke <robert at typo3.org> [051113 12:15]:
>   - You can only rate if you add a comment with at least x characters
Please no fprces, or you'll find comments like
lorem ipsum dolor bla fasel, ......

I think a plain voting like good/bad/average is everything that someone
can do. Look at tt_news. Downloaded 20.000 times last year. If 10%
vote, you get 2000 hints, but I think very few people would add
comments, if you *have* to.

> About the "users can rate ratings": I like the Amazon model "this rating was
> helpful". It is a positive claim and could give the ratings more weight in
> the calculation of the total rate.
I would more go to an ebay rating (ebay user rating.)

Juergen