[Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sun Nov 13 12:15:51 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 11. November 2005 14:09 schrieb Kasper Skårhøj:

 > - Ratings and reviews can be given only from the Extension Manager! This
 > secures that people actually installed the extensions (and hopefully
 > tested it). And it makes it easy to rate it!

Hmm, I'd like to have that rating functionaly in the EM _and_ on typo3.org
(based on FE login). Furthermore I suggest:

  - You can only rate with a proper TYPO3.org user account, also from the EM
  - You can only rate if you rate each of the components separately, for
    example:
      - overall impression
      - technical quality
      - documentation
      (or other set of components, we'll see)
  - You can only rate if you add a comment with at least x characters
  - Ratings for all components are shown - if you don't need documentation but
    technically the extension is great, you might want to choose it although
    the average rating of all componets would be low

About the "users can rate ratings": I like the Amazon model "this rating was
helpful". It is a positive claim and could give the ratings more weight in
the calculation of the total rate.

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development