[Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Fri Nov 11 17:13:20 CET 2005

Hello Jan-Hendrik,

> Imagine having Rene's dam-extensions, I'd give them a rather good voting.
> But now Rene starts activly updating status on typo3.org, but this way there
> is no real rating visible, as it start with 0 every time.

You are absolutely right. I didn't want to go to much into details, but
there are solutions.

> I guess there could be some combination of both: Having the live-version
> rating shown, and if thereis no live-rating, display old rating in different
> shape to make it clear that there has been ratings in earlier versions...

Useful proposal. Maybe one should allways show both, the "Current
Version Rating" and the "Alltime Average".

A modifcaton of the "Alltime Average" could be an average over all minor
releases of the last major release.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...