[Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Fri Nov 11 16:42:06 CET 2005

> * Ratings should be bound to versions of extension.
>
> (Otherwise bad ratings from the past would lower the average, even if the
> extension has much improved.)

Good idea but difficult....

Imagine having Rene's dam-extensions, I'd give them a rather good voting.
But now Rene starts activly updating status on typo3.org, but this way there
is no real rating visible, as it start with 0 every time.

I guess there could be some combination of both: Having the live-version
rating shown, and if thereis no live-rating, display old rating in different
shape to make it clear that there has been ratings in earlier versions...

JH