[Typo3-typo3org] News on typo3.org

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Mon Nov 7 16:26:04 CET 2005

Hi,

> I can't promise that I'm the right one to form a team or beeing a team leader. But I can try to be
> one. ;-)
I think everybody can form this team, as he "just" has to find the
people for the job, contact them, and maybe coordinate it a bit... I
think you can manage this if you have some time :-=

> As Patrick already said, we need a native english speaker you is willing to work together with us to
> produce and release well understandable news. I can't do this because my english is definitely not
> the best! ;-)
Maybe it is good to contact people directly additionally to do a "call
for people" - for example somebody of the US group to take over this
job.

> Second point would be to find two or three people who are searching for interesting news about the
> community and some developement issues. I think it would be nice if they are a kind of news
> collectors, where the community people can email their information to.
> If they get an information, they check it (if it is correct and well understandable english) and
> then it will be released in the category it belongs to...
> Maybe it is a good idea to have a single persons for each category who is responsible for the
> content that goes into it. At least to have a defined address, where the community can post their
> news to!?
yes, definitely. And it should be as well possible to send in "news
ideas" - so if I am a developer and created a new cool feature, but I am
unable to describe it in proper English, don't have time for that, etc,
I can just send it, and then somebody of the news team might try the
feature and write a news item.

So - maybe we need as "roles"
- language checkers - these have to be native speakers
- news collectors - people receiving news ideas/news, correcting them,
writing news items, ...
- news searchers - people looking at the CVS changelog, sending news or
ideas to the news collectors.

Of course this is just a rough idea how it might work, to make it
possible to split up the work - and some people could have multiple
"roles" - for example a native speaker collecting news as well...

It would be awesome if you maybe could kick-start this by writing an
announcement and additionally contacting people directly who whould be
of value for the news team, contacting michael to create a (maybe
non-public) news mailinglist, ...  :-)

Greets,
Sebastian