[Typo3-typo3org] News on typo3.org

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Mon Nov 7 16:48:21 CET 2005

Hi Sebastian,

>>I can't promise that I'm the right one to form a team or beeing a team leader. But I can try to be
>>one. ;-)
>
> I think everybody can form this team, as he "just" has to find the
> people for the job, contact them, and maybe coordinate it a bit... I
> think you can manage this if you have some time :-=
Of course. But I have no clue who I should contact on this! ;-) So I have to call for people here!
Is there anybody out there who want to help me with this project?

>>As Patrick already said, we need a native english speaker you is willing to work together with us to
>>produce and release well understandable news. I can't do this because my english is definitely not
>>the best! ;-)
>
> Maybe it is good to contact people directly additionally to do a "call
> for people" - for example somebody of the US group to take over this
> job.
You're right, we should ask in the english and the US list for some people who are willing to proof
read the news.

> yes, definitely. And it should be as well possible to send in "news
> ideas" - so if I am a developer and created a new cool feature, but I am
> unable to describe it in proper English, don't have time for that, etc,
> I can just send it, and then somebody of the news team might try the
> feature and write a news item.
Ok... I think that is basically a nice idea but it is also a huge amount of work if more than one
developer per day want's to announce his cool new feature... If you have to test each of this
things, this will take a lot of time. One more reason that we need more than tweo people who taking
care of the hole project.

> So - maybe we need as "roles"
> - language checkers - these have to be native speakers
> - news collectors - people receiving news ideas/news, correcting them,
> writing news items, ...
> - news searchers - people looking at the CVS changelog, sending news or
> ideas to the news collectors.
ACK. I can be "new collector" and "news searcher". I do that right now for my blog, so it won't be a
big difference my current situation for me ;-)
And I will try to be a kind of project leader...

> Of course this is just a rough idea how it might work, to make it
> possible to split up the work - and some people could have multiple
> "roles" - for example a native speaker collecting news as well...
Of course...

> It would be awesome if you maybe could kick-start this by writing an
> announcement and additionally contacting people directly who whould be
> of value for the news team, contacting michael to create a (maybe
> non-public) news mailinglist, ...  :-)
As I said at te beginning.. Currently I have no idea who I can ask for contributing this project.

So, if anybody is interested in this issue and willing to help me, please contact me at
thomas (at) typo3-unleashed (dot) net

I will announce this the next days on the english and US list as well and hopefully we will find
some people whith which we can start this project to make TYPO3 and the information flow much
better! :-D

Greets,
Thomas

--