[Typo3-typo3org] Groupware solution helping instrument

Jörg-Alexander Roth mail at zeusmedia.de
Thu May 12 22:08:23 CEST 2005

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [NF] schrieb:
> We are currently working / experimenting / writing on concepts for an
> intranet application, which holds content areas (knowledgebase, faq,
> link-catalogs), communication-tools (blog, wiki,...), ticketsystem (via web,
> mail,...)  etc., all integrated with each other, and most important: project
> related not tree based. So that you can give access to the whole thing to a
> client, and he does only see what he is meant to see. This is not related to
> parts of the tree, then it would be separate things for separate usersgroup
> hich makes no sense.

It should be vice versa in several ways. The most important is project
<-> customer!

> But anyway: As we are also using exchange as it has a lot of features we
> really like, both are connected. MS CRM via Exchange also... So if a client
> sends a mail with a new request (via web or mail), it's automaticly shown in
> the clients record in the crm and the other way around.

This is the main concept of a CRM - everything is related. Talking
notices, phone calls, emails and so on will show up in the customer
dialogue as they also to in project module.

> Those things are either done already or in concept / brainstorming phase.
>
> But anyway, finaly we do not want to get rid of Exchange, but see the
> benefit of a webbased integrated solution with single-signon, so we combine
> both. There still is a LOT of work, and concept grows every day, for sure
> faster then development of it ;)

I've used the AIIM specifications as a base to generate the main purpose
    of such a extension. In it's goal, Typo3 should meet with the
definition of ECM. So this won't be a extension or solution which is
made "out-of-the-box" - it will grow with requirements and needs from
the community.

Maybe a pool of interests, ideas and concepts can be generated to focus
on a first step?

Jörg