[Typo3-typo3org] Server requirements for T3 sites

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 15 10:12:05 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 09:36, Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:
> The main thing is that we would need to sync the DBs in a way.
> But before talking about what to sync we should try to profile the
> servers so we know what we need to boost.

I also don't think we need a MySQL cluster yet if we take care of the other
parts dicussed here. The only thing is that I want a second MySQL server (for
example on one of the webservers) as a fail-over solution. That second server
runs as a slave to the main MySQL of course.

> Let's think about which parts of typo3.org can be static HTML.
> Publishing mechanisms are not that hard to implement in typo3.
> Plus this might be a good way to split stuff up.

What might help a lot is creating a separate site "documentation.typo3.org".
However this all is not a quick solution, remember that documentation
handling etc. is quite complex in the extrep_mgm.

> I don't think that annotations are so widely used within the docs as
> they could be.
> Most stuff is being handled on the mailing lists - so we could skip this
> and publish all docs on a server that serves "static" php files.
> We eliminate all the typo3 overhead 1% of the users use and put them
> into small standalone chunks of code.
> This would reduce load in the docs section dramatically.

Hmm, I don't know. I'd wait with that until the new caching is in effect.

> TER should be overhauled (maybe with cached SQL statements?), I can help
> with that.

Yes, I know. But that's not a quick solution either and if we would start with
it we could better start working on the TER 2.0

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association