[Typo3-typo3org] Concept for mirroring the TER

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 8 10:04:50 CET 2005

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

> I've got something different in mind, some sort of advanced local TER. It
> does not have something todo with mirrors, but with local TERs. I will
> write more to that in about a week. Until saturday, I am too busy for some
> overall description.

What would be better compared to a mirrored concept?

> - exclusivly-file-based-mirrors: For local TERs, I'd suggest to also have
> available what is online on typo3.org. A webfrontend including some tools.
> More about this next weekend. The exclusivly-file-based-mirrors could for
> sure be used as mirrors, different to local TERs.

If you think this is better, that would be no problem even with mirrors.

While thinking about that:
Yes this is better because say an updated extension only covers two changes
and all other files stay the same, then rsync would only mirror these
files!

Furthermore, if you keep old versions, then it would probably make sense to
send diffs instead of the whole extension:

The remote mirror would say this to me:
"Version 1.2.3 is the same like version 1.2.2 which you already have except
those changes which are in the Patch I am sending you now..."

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html
==